Moringa Seeds: PKM-1 Moringa Oleifera Seeds
$15.95 – $25.95
PKM-1 variety for earlier and increased fruit-bearing, increased leaf yield and better taste! Typical germination rate: 80-95%.
USPS First Class shipping on all Moringa tree seed orders just $3.75!
Genuine PKM-1 Seeds From India
Many sellers advertise PKM-1 Moringa seeds that are purely "Grade 1" traditional Moringa seeds. There is a big difference - know before you buy!
All orders are shipped within 1 business day. Order before 2:00 pm PST and your order ships same day!
World Wide Shipping
First Class USPS International Shipping is available to every country. Add to cart to see our low shipping prices!
SSL Enabled Secure Checkout
Moringa Seeds: PKM-1 Moringa Oleifera Seeds
Are you looking for best quality Moringa seeds for sale? Whether you are looking to grow Moringa trees from seed, or to eat Moringa tree seeds for the health benefits, our premium grade seeds will not disappoint!
In fact, we are confident, after planting thousands of trees, that A Health Leaf has the best quality Moringa Seeds for sale online! These seeds are noticeably larger, more consistent in size, very fresh, and darker in appearance vs the competition. We know you will be very pleased with our Moringa tree seeds.
Moringa tree seeds are incredibly fun and satisfying to plant as it’s a fast growing tree that produces remarkably healthy leaves and seed pods. We’ve had trees reach 13+ feet high in a single growing season here in San Diego County!
The 100 count of Moringa tree seeds come in a resealable, ziplock, foil package.
For more information about eating Moringa seeds including the health benefits of Moringa Seeds click: Moringa seeds
Moringa Oleifera Seed Details
With so many Moringa seeds for sale we want to help you choose both the best quality of seed and also the right type of seed. We carry both Traditional Moringa Oleifera seeds and the variety known as PKM-1 Moringa seeds. We have planted both seed types and use PKM-1 seeds almost exclusively now because of the tremendous benefits.
The PKM-1 variety of Moringa oleifera seeds are considered by many the best Moringa seeds for sale. They were developed at Periyakulam Horticultural College and Research Institute, Tamil Nadu in 1989 and have been the main seed used by commercial growers since. These seeds are non-GMO and were developed by selective breeding for 6 generations. PKM-1 Moringa seeds produce the largest yields of leaves and seed pods in the shortest period of time. And don’t worry they have the same nutritional profile as the leaves and seed pods of the standard Moringa oleifera seeds.
Here are some details on what to expect when you plant the PKM-1* variety of Moringa seeds.
- Increased leaf production and
- Better Tasting leaves (ECHO Moringa Leaf Taste Test)
- More uniform tree to tree growth
- Flowering starts within 90-100 days after planting and happens twice per year (in a sub-tropical / tropical climate)
- Early fruit-bearing with seed pods reaching edible maturity within 65 days of flowering
- High yield of seed pods with seed pods reaching a length of 2.5 – 3.0 ft with up to 16 seeds/per pod
- Greater uniformity of seedpod length and texture
- Seeds contain 38 to 42 % of oil
- Seedpods have a long shelf life in room temperature 5 to 7 days
Seed Planting Instructions
After the hard part, of finding the best Moringa seeds for sale and buying them, now comes the fun part — Planting your Moringa oleifera seeds!
- Plant Moringa in an area that gets as much sun as possible. Moringa loves full sun and plenty of heat! It can handle temperature up to 120 F!
- Moringa must be planted in well-draining soil as waterlogged soil can quickly kill a Moringa tree from root rot.
- Seeds should be planted 0.5 – 1.0″ below the soil. Keep the soil moist but not saturated. Too much moisture will rot the seed.
- Germination can take 5 day – 21 days depending on soil temperatures. Germination rates can be over 85% when conditions are ideal.
- Water every other day for the first month or two and then water less frequently. Moringa is drought tolerant and grows well with a hands-off approach.
This is a tropical/subtropical tree so if you live in a region that experiences freezing temperatures you have two options.
- Grow your Moringa in a pot and overwinter inside. Grow in the deepest pot you can find to accommodate the tap root growth.
- Cut your Moringa down close to ground level and insulate with straw to keep the roots from freezing. (This only works if you have infrequent freezes with otherwise mild winter temps).
A frost will cause a young Moringa tree to die back to the roots and a freeze will kill the tree completely if unprotected.
Moringa really starts to grow incredibly fast when the average temperature is above 70 deg. F! We have seen trees grow over 2 feet per month in July – October!
Again, in colder climates keep the trees inside in the winter and enjoy the rapid growth through the summer or alternatively just grow Moringa as an annual each year and enjoy the fresh leaves.
Moringa Seed Add-Ons:
Mycorrhizae Beneficial Fungi
Consider adding the optional large pack of Mycorrhizae beneficial fungi to your order of Moringa tree seeds. Use the beneficial fungi for healthier, faster growing and more resistant Moringa trees. The beneficial fungi create a symbiotic relationship with the Moringa tap root to increase water and nutrient uptake. This means plant yields can remain high with a decrease in watering and fertilizing.
Use up to 0.5 tsp sprinkled into each planting site so that the fungi will be in contact with the bottom side of the Moringa tree seeds.
The large pack of mycorrhizae comes in a resealable foil bag.
PKM-1 Moringa Seeds vs. Traditional Moringa Seeds
Watch the below video to see the difference in trees planted with PKM-1 seeds vs. traditional seeds.